3. I’m scared
Yep. I wish I could hug you really hard. Growing is difficult, which is why many people resist it. But the rewards are immense.
Here are a few things that might help you, when you feel scared of the work you’re facing:
- Lean on your friends. Get the hugs, fist bumps, high-fives. Tribe time.
- Set up rewards for yourself at small intervals. Celebrate and enjoy those milestones.
- Keep your beautiful vision of the future firmly in mind.
- Try some other life challenges to get you primed to face the relationship work that you know needs to be done: Zip-lining, anyone?
4. I’m stuck
Your relationship made it to a particular point, and now you can’t seem to keep going. What’s holding you back? You don’t know exactly, but you know you’re tired of sitting here. It’s like being stuck in traffic when you just want to be home, relaxing. Time to get your Sherlock cap on and do some relationship sleuthing.
Get together with your sweetheart and see if you can answer the following questions:
- What parts of our relationship do we really love, appreciate and enjoy?
- If we had no limits, what would we do together? How do we envision our future?
- What couple do we really admire? What is it about them that we love?
- Where in our relationship are we feeling pressure or pain?
- What things are standing in our way?
- How can we work together to make a plan to address those sticking points?
- Who could help us?
On a scale of 1 (awful) to 10 (fantastic) How would you evaluate your current love relationship? Is it an energetically growing garden that the two of you have put lots of work into? Or is it overgrown with weeds and in dire need of help?
Leave me a comment below and let me know what you’re planning to do, and what resources you need to get you where you want to go.
Claire Casey is the author of the amazing best-selling online program “Capture His Heart and Make Him Love You Forever.”
She blogs at Ask Claire Casey and devotes her writing to helping you attract the kind of man who will treasure and protect your heart like the rare and beautiful gem it is. You can take Claire’s Love Number Quiz (it’s free) and make this YOUR year for love!
Article Source: Digital Romance, Inc.